ALL CITY COUNCIL WORK SESSIONS AND REGULAR SESSIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS FOR THE YEAR 2021 AT 6:00 P.M., UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE, IN CITY COUCIL CHAMBERS, 4TH FLOOR, CITY HALL.
Thursday, April 15, 2021
Thursday, April 29, 2021
Further, the City Clerk is authorized to substitute dates of the meetings where they conflict with other scheduled events. Further, the City Clerk is instructed to advertise these meetings.
Note: This meeting schedule is for the first four (4) months of 2021, due to the uncertaintly of the future created by the pandemic. As we near the end of the schedule in April, future scheduling and the pandemic will be assessed again and a decision made for continued scheduling at that time.
The following addresses specific information relevant to the meetings:
- The Combined Session of City Council will be conducted and Streamed on YouTube for public viewing.
- The YouTube link will be posted on the main page of the City’s Website at wilkes-barre.city
- Public comments may be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2:30 p.m., the day of the meeting, please include your name in the e-mail and indicate which comment period you intend your comments to be for i.e. agenda item or other Council matters.
- In addition to e-mail, public participation may also be by phone. When prompted please call 570-606-3727. Public comments at the start of the meeting are limited to items on the agenda, for the agenda go to www.wilkes-barre.city, City Hall Departments, then City Council Meeting Agendas.
- Public comments at the end of the meeting may be on any related Council matter.
Please Note: This schedule of meetings and meeting information will be posted on the City Website for future reference.
Cathy Payne, City Clerk
City Council is the Legislative Branch of City Government. It is responsible for the laws of the City, approving and/or transacting city business as required by the City Charter and Administrative Code and by general laws of the Commonwealth and Federal Government. Council may act by the adoption of resolution, ordinance or motion during public meetings. All meetings shall be public, in accordance with the Council’s own Rules and Order of Business.
For City Council inquiries, please call the City Clerk's Office at 570.208.4117
All City Council Work and Regular Sessions are at 6:00 PM, unless noted otherwise, in City Council Chambers, 4th Floor, City Hall.
Email all members of City Council.
To contact your council person individually, use the contact list below.