City Administrator: The Administrator shall be responsible for the operations of all City departments and agencies except as otherwise provided by this Charter or the Administrative Code of the City. (Sec. 6:01)
The Director of Administrative Services shall have administrative and executive ability as demonstrated by five (5) years of experience at the executive or administrative level either in public service or private industry, and such other qualifications as may be required by the City Administrative Code or Position Classification Plan. (Sec. 6:02)
The Director of Administrative Services, subject to the approval of the Mayor, shall appoint a Finance Officer and the heads of the departments under his direction and shall prescribe, subject to this Charter and the Administrative Code, rules and standards governing the matters under his jurisdiction.
The Director of Administrative Services shall:
- Keep the Mayor advised of the condition and future needs of the City and make such recommendations, as he shall deem necessary.
- Be responsible for the preparation of the Annual Budget, revenue collection, accounting and all other fiscal operations.
- Conduct research in administrative management for the improvement of the organization and practices of City government.
- Develop procedures and establish forms, which will provide efficiency and economy in the conduct of the City government.
- Perform such other duties as may be required by the Mayor, this Charter, or the Administrative Code. (Sec. 6:04)