Mayor Tony George is pleased to announce the 2019 Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting Ceremony, which will take place on Saturday, November 23.
Parade participants will line up at 2PM. The parade will begin at 3PM.
Participant registration is open now through November 1st. There is no cost to participate.
Download, print, and return the completed application to:
Special Events, Wilkes-Barre City Hall, 40 East Market Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711
or via fax to 570.208.4187
Visit the Annual Christmas Parade & Tree Lighting Ceremony Facebook Event Page!
Mayor Tony George invites residents and visitors to the 2019 Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting Ceremony, which will take place on this Saturday, November 23rd. Participants will line up at 2PM. The parade will begin at 3PM. The parade will consist of 6 divisions, with over 80 groups, businesses, and organizations and over 1,500 participants.
Please be advised of road closures before and during the parade.
Motorists are advised that South Main Street from Public Square to Dana Street will be closed from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM. The following roads will also be closed during this timeframe:
- South Main Street from Public Square to Dana Street
- Sullivan Street at Main Street
- Academy Street between Franklin and South Main
- Hazle Street between South Main and Pennsylvania Blvd
- Ross Street between S. Franklin and Pennsylvania Blvd
- South Street, from South Franklin to South Washington Street
- Northampton Street, from South Franklin to South Washington Street
- Market Street, from South Franklin to South Washington Street
- Public Square, between Market and Main Streets
- North Main Street from Public Square to Union Street
Meters will be bagged and “No Parking” notices will be posted along the parade route. Vehicles will be ticketed and towed beginning at 1:00 PM on Saturday, November 23rd. Participants and spectators are advised to use public parking facilities throughout the city and avoid unauthorized parking in private lots. No unauthorized parking in the Volunteers of America/Save-A-Lot/Family Dollar lot at Hazle and South Main. Vehicles will be towed from private parking lots.
Parade Time and Route:
The parade will start at 3:00 PM at South Main Street and South Street. Parade will travel north along South Main Street, around Public Square, passing the F.M. Kirby Center and then the reviewing stand, and finally ending at the intersection of North Main Street and Union Street. For the safety of everyone enjoying the parade, please stay on the sidewalk and/or behind fencing along the parade route.
Live Parade Broadcast:
Service Electric Cable TV and Communications and WYLN TV 35 have partnered to broadcast live television coverage of the City of Wilkes-Barre Christmas Parade. The pre-parade show begins at 3:00 PM with parade to follow. The City of Wilkes-Barre Christmas Parade can be seen on Service Electric Cable TV and Communications Wilkes-Barre Channel 7, in addition to all of WYLN TV 35’s viewing area. For more details, please visit www.wylntv.com.
The annual parade kicks off the holiday season with free family friendly events:
- 11:30 AM: " Frosty the Snowman" themed activities: snowman ornament craft, story time and photo-ops at Barnes & Noble Wilkes-Kings
- 2:00 PM: Christmas Carol Sing-A-Long with Ms. Ruthy Stock on Public Square
- 3:00 PM: Christmas Parade Begins
Tree Lighting Ceremony Immediately following the Parade:
- The 2019 Christmas tree was donated by Gene Lazarus of Hudson Gardens in Plains, PA. Mayor Tony George’s granddaughter Emily will light the tree.
- The Wilkes-Barre Mohegan Sun Acapella Choir will perform during the tree lighting ceremony.
- The Salvation Army and the Wilkes-Barre Lions Club will provide complimentary Hot Chocolate.
- Don’t forget to patronize all your favorite downtown Wilkes-Barre businesses!
The City of Wilkes-Barre thanks the sponsors of the 2019 Christmas Parade:
Platinum Sponsors: BHW Construction Consultation Services, Inc., Franchelli Enterprises and Petroleum Service Company, and Stell Enterprises
Gold Sponsors: Humford Equities and Realty, PNC Bank, PennEastern Engineers, PNC, and Service Electric Cable TV and Communications,
Silver Sponsors: Boscov's, LT Verrastro Inc, Luzerne Optical Laboratories, Mohegan Sun Pocono, Northeast Cartage & Recycling Solutions, Rodano's, and Visit Luzerne County
Live Parade Broadcast by WYLN News and Service Electric Cable TV and Communications
Parade fencing is provided by Mountain Productions.
Line-Up Location: Intersection of S. Main between South St. & Ross St.
- Wilkes-Barre Police Department Lead Car
- Wilkes-Barre Police Department Honor Guard
- Wilkes-Barre City Banner
- Mayor Anthony G. George and family
- City Administrator Rick Gazenski
- Wilkes-Barre Elected Officials
- Wilkes-Barre City Council Members
- Wilkes-Barre City Controller
- Local Elected Officials
- Wilkes-Barre Area Career & Technical Center Law Enforcement Program
- E.L. Meyers High School Varsity Cheerleaders
- SWB Mini Mohawks
- Wilkes-Barre Area School District Elementary Student Council
- Wilkes-Barre Lions Club
- The Conservatory of Dance
- Salvation Army Corps. Canteen
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Rail Riders
- Times Leader Media Group
- American Red Cross
Line-Up Location: South Street between South Main and South Franklin
- Rolling Mill Hill Residents’ Association
- Heights-Murray Elementary School
- David Blight School of Dance
- NEPA Scholarship Pageant Association Inc.
- Miss Wilkes-Barre/Scranton 2020 Robyn Kass-Gerji
- Miss Luzerne County’s Victoria Lin Vespico
- Miss Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Outstanding Teen Avia Weber
- 2019 Wilkes-Barre City Cherry Blossom Queen Molly Savage & Princess Isabella Sobieski driven by Kim Woodrosky
- 2019 Luzerne County Fair Queen Jodi Salansky and Runner Up Kyleigh O’Hara
- Times Shamrock Communications (Rock 107)
- Wilkes-Barre Penguins, Tux, Toyota Sports Plex, Diamond city Figure Skating Club
- Encore School of Dance
10. Angelo’s Pizza
Line-Up Location:South Street between S. Main and S. Washington
- Wyoming Valley Clutch Basketball
- Live Love Dance Studio
- Allied Services
- Masters Athletic Elite
- Young’s Funny Farm
- Girl Scouts Troop 32105
- Girl Scouts Troops 32811, 30307, 32524 from Firwood United Methodist Church, South Wilkes-Barre
- Girl Scouts Heart of Pennsylvania Troop 32817
- Girl Scouts Troop 32525
- St. Nicholas-St. Mary’s School
- Wilkes University Marching Colonels
- Wilkes University Cheerleaders
Line-Up Location: Along the right side (facing Public Square) of South Main Street, next to Post Office
- Cumulus Media: 97 BHT, Magic 93, 97X, JR
- Little Eric’s Foundation
- Greater Wilkes-Barre Chamber
- Bear Creek Community Charter School
- Children’s Service Center of Wyoming Valley, Inc
- That NEPA Newfie
- Downtown Wilkes-Barre Business Association (DWBBA) presents Three Imaginary Boys
- Eyewitness News WBRE WYOU
- Choice One Community Credit Union
- Anna Marie School of Dance
- Schiel’s Family Market
- Making A Difference Ministries
- Kingston Huskies Football & Cheer
- Electric City Aquarium
Line-Up Location:Hazle Street facing South Main Street
- Liberty Tax
- The New Mountain Laurel Resort & Spa
- Wychock Real Estate
- First General Services
- Entercom: 98.5 KRZ, Froggy 101, WILK, Max 102
- Ken Pollock Auto Group
- New Roots Inc.
- Wilkes-Barre Health Department
- TGI Fridays
- Moving River Ministries Live Nativity
- Friendly Daughters of St. Patrick
- Studio 570 Salon
- Knoebels Amusement Resort
- 570 Jeeps Northeast/Central PA’s Off-Road Club
- Blacktop Warriors Jeep Club
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport-AVP
- NEPA Bird Gang
Line-Up Location: South Main Street facing Public Square, between Sullivan & Academy Streets
- Student Transportation of America
- Procor Pest Control
- Gift of Life Donor Program
- Mondelez International
- Robinson/Hughes Families
- Fortis Institute
- Wilkes-Barre Bears
- Crich Realty LLC
- One Source Staffing
- McCarthy Tire Service presents Santa Claus
- Bear Creek Twp. Volunteer Hose Company
- Wilkes-Barre Twp. Fire Department
- Wilkes-Barre City Fire Department