The goal of Wilkes-Barre City Community Video Surveillance Program is to deter crime and promote public safety through collaboration between the Wilkes Barre City Police Department and the community we serve. Accordingly, all Wilkes-Barre City Community Video Surveillance Program registrants agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the Wilkes-Barre City Department for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
- All information provided to the Wilkes Barre City Police Department pursuant to the Wilkes-Barre City Community Video Surveillance Program is reserved for official law enforcement use by the Wilkes Barre City Police Department and will not be released to any member of the general public or press except (a) as required by law or Court Order or (B) to the minimal extent necessary, if at all, to further the investigation which may include sharing portions thereof with (i) other law enforcement agencies or (ii) solely for the purpose of assisting with the identification and/or apprehension of a criminal suspect, to the media and/or the community.
- When necessary for a criminal investigation the Wilkes-Barre City Police Department will contact you directly, using the information provided on this form, to request the appropriate video surveillance footage.
- Under no circumstances shall registrants construe that they are acting as an agent and/or employee of the Wilkes-Barre City Police Department through the Wilkes Barre City Community Video Surveillance Program.
- Under no circumstances shall the Wilkes-Barre City Police Department utilize any information obtained to view footage/feeds directly from cameras owned by registrants.
- Registration in the Wilkes-Barre City Community Video Surveillance Program does not confer any greater rights than any other member of the public concerning any response to a criminal complaint or criminal activity by the Wilkes-Barre City Police Department and the registrant should in no way regard this Wilkes Barre City Community Video Surveillance Program as a monitoring or security device.
Registering for this program indicates acceptance of the above terms and conditions.
Download and return the completed Community Video Surveillance Program registration form to:
Wilkes-Barre Police Department
Attention: Community Policing
15 N. Washington Street
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701
Forms are also available at the WBPD Headquaters.
For more information, please contact Community Policing Officer Kirk Merchel at 570.208.6725