Safe Medication Disposal Boxes are located within the WBPD Police Station at 15 North Washington St.
These boxes help citizens properly dispose of unused prescription medications.
For more information about prescription drug take-back box programs, please visit the Pennsylvania Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs website.
You Can Dispose of the Following Items:
- Prescription and over-the-counter solid medications
- Prescription and OTC tablets and capsules
- Pet medicines
How to Prepare Items for Disposal:
- All pharmaceutical drugs to be disposed must be placed in a sealed container such as the original bottle or zip-lock bag
- Liquid pharmaceuticals should remain in the original container
- Personal information should be removed or marked out with a permanent marker
You May NOT Dispose of the Following Items:
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Intravenous solutions
- Iodine-containing medications
- Compressed cylinders or aerosols (i.e. asthma inhalers)
- Alcohol & illicit drugs (i.e. marijuana, heroin, LSD, etc.)
- Injectables, syringes, and needles* (i.e. EpiPens)