Next City Event: 2022 Farmers Market
The City of Wilkes-Barre’s annual events attract thousands of attendees from the Wyoming Valley and beyond each year.
There is no better way to showcase your business or organization than becoming an event sponsor. Please contact the Office of Special Events to discuss sponsorship opportunities at 570.208.4149
Please see the additional links at left for information on pricing and requesting city spaces for your event.
- Alcoholic Beverages are NOT Permitted in the city parks.
- Garbage Removal: The event holder is responsible for removing all recyclables and cardboard generated by the event.
- Parking: Please use designated parking lots only! You may not drive through city parks at any time. No vehicles may be parked at the pavilions or ball fields.
- Please do not throw candy. You may hand it out along the route.
- No entry can stop once they enter the parade route. This will allow us to keep the parade moving and concluded by the appropriate time.
- Please follow all instructions given by a parade director or any coordinator, police officer on the parade route
- No solicitation, no political, or election material allowed.
- Any activities encouraging spectators to shake hands or otherwise participate in the parade, thereby impacting parade time-lines and flow of parade, are not allowed.
- All entries having music or sound amplifying systems shall maintain a volume that will not interfere with other entries, especially those with animals.
- Animals must be controlled by means of a harness, halter, or leash, if not otherwise contained.
- Driver must always stay with vehicle.
- No Smoking or alcoholic beverages allowed during the parade.
|Kirk Merchel||Special Events Coordinator and Licensing Administrator||570.208.4149|