Mayor Tony George is happy to announce the opening date for the 2019 Wilkes-Barre City Farmers Market. The Market will open at 10AM on Thursday, June 27th at 10:00 AM on Public Square in downtown Wilkes-Barre. The Market will continue each Thursday from 10:00 AM through 4:00 PM through November 14th . Thank you to our sponsor Geisinger Health Plan!
Special Events during the Farmers Market include:
- June 27:
- Opening Day Ceremonies Hosted by Mayor Tony George
- National Anthem performed by John Shemo from Geisinger Health Plan
- July 25: Children's Day
- Child Safety Information from Wilkes-Barre City's Police, Fire, and Health Depts.
- Sordoni Art Gallery
- Mary Baker-Story Teller & Singer
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins "Tux"
- Dunkin' Donuts' "Cuppy"
- Story time and activities with the Osterhout Library
- The Luzerne County Literacy Council
- August 1: Veterans' Appreciation Day
- September 26: Luzerne County Active Aging Day
- Information from the Wilkes-Barre City Health Department & Area Agency on Aging
2019 "MUSIC AT THE MARKET" ENTERTAINMENT SCHEDULE
Performances are from 12:00-1:30 PM
- June 27 Mother Nature's Sons
- July 11 Dustin Douglas
- July 18 Don Shapelle and the Pickups
- July 25 Mary Baker
- August 1 Zayre Mountain
- August 8 Beck with Baker
- August 15 Vine Street Duo
- August 22 Whiskey & Woods
- August 29 Cruise Control
- September 26 Stanky & the Coalminers
The Facebook event link is: https://www.facebook.com/events/2068182790156345/