The City of Wilkes-Barre’s 150th Birthday will be celebrated on Saturday, October 2nd
from 2PM to 8PM on Public Square.
The Oktoberfest will feature Susquehanna Brewing Company and The Lion Brewery, various food trucks, and live entertainment. There will be cornhole boards set up around Public Square, in front of Franklin’s, Visit Luzerne County, King’s College on the Square, and City Market Café. Event goers are encouraged to patron Downtown businesses and restaurants. Luzerne County Historical Society Director of Operations and Programs, Mark J. Riccetti, Jr. will speak about the History of the City of Wilkes-Barre.
Live entertainment schedule is as follows:
- 2:00-3:00 PM: John Stanky and the Coal Miners
- 3:30-5:30 PM: Crush
- 6:00-8:00 PM: Daddy-O and the Sax Maniax
The following streets will be closed between 1:00 PM and 9:00 PM on Saturday, October 2nd. Per City Ordinance, meters will be bagged 24 hours in advance on Friday, October 1st.
- South Main Street between Central Garage, 52 South Main and Public Square. South Main St. will be open to Central Garage, 52 South Main Street, to local traffic only.
- Public Square from North Main Street entrance
- West Market Street between Franklin Street and Public Square
- East Market Street between Public Square and Washington Street
The following parkades will be accessible for parking:
- Park and Lock North, 30 N Main Street
- Wilkes Barre / Central Garage, 52 South Main Street
- Park and Lock East, N. Washington Street
- Wilkes Barre Parking Authority Lot #6, 25 W. Northampton