Mayor George C. Brown invites residents and visitors to the 2021 Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting Ceremony, which will take place on Saturday, November 20th. Participants will line up at 2PM. The parade will begin at 3PM.
Please be advised of road closures before and during the parade.
Motorists are advised that South Main Street from Public Square to Dana Street will be closed from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
The following roads will also be closed from 2:00 PM and opened at 5:00 PM or after the parade passes:
- South Main Street from Public Square to Dana Street
- Sullivan Street at Main Street
- Academy Street between Franklin and South Main
- Hazle Street between South Main and Pennsylvania Blvd
- Ross Street between S. Franklin and Pennsylvania Blvd
- South Street, from South Franklin to South Washington Street
- Northampton Street, from South Franklin to South Washington Street
- Market Street, from South Franklin to South Washington Street
- Public Square, between Market and Main Streets
- North Main Street from Public Square to Union Street
Meters will be bagged and “No Parking” notices will be posted along the parade route, after 2PM on Friday, November 19th. Vehicles will be ticketed and towed beginning at 1:00 PM on Saturday, November 20th. Participants and spectators are advised to use public parking facilities throughout the city and avoid unauthorized parking in private lots. Vehicles will be towed from private parking lots.
Parade Time and Route:
The parade will start at 3:00 PM at South Main Street and South Street. The parade will travel north along South Main Street, around Public Square, passing the F.M. Kirby Center and then the reviewing stand, and finally ending at the intersection of North Main Street and Union Street. For the safety of everyone enjoying the parade, please stay on the sidewalk and/or behind fencing along the parade route.
Tree Lighting Ceremony Immediately following the Parade:
- The 2021 Christmas tree was donated by Jennifer Wilson of Hanover Township
- The Salvation Army and the Wilkes-Barre Lions Club will provide complimentary Hot Chocolate.
- Don’t forget to patronize all your favorite downtown Wilkes-Barre businesses!
The City of Wilkes-Barre thanks the sponsors of the 2021 Christmas Parade:
Santa Sponsors: BHW Construction Consultation Services, Inc., Franchelli Enterprises and Petroleum Service Company, and Stell Enterprises
Elf Sponsors: PNC Bank, PennEastern Engineers, PNC, and Rodanos
Reindeer Sponsors: Alfred Benesch & Company, Louis Cohen Recycling, LT Verrastro Inc, Luzerne Optical Laboratories, Trans-Med Ambulance, Visit Luzerne County
Parade fencing is provided by Mountain Productions.