Wilkes-Barre Family YMCA will again offer its free Food and Fun at the Park program at six Wilkes-Barre City parks and at the Wilkes-Barre Family YMCA beginning Monday, June 25th.
Food and Fun at the Park will run weekdays, Monday through Friday, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and is open to kids in grades K through 12. Pre-school children are welcome, but must be accompanied by a caregiver over the age of 16. Lunch will be available from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and snack will be served at 1:30 p.m. The program will end on Friday, August 17th. There will be no program on Wednesday, July 4th.
Commission on Economic Opportunity (CEO) will be providing the nutritious foods and Wilkes-Barre City provides the well maintained parks and play equipment. The program is also funded by the Fund for Luzerne County of The Luzerne Foundation, the Constellation Fund of The Luzerne Foundation, and other friends and donors to the foundation such as Linda Casey and Richard Williams.
The Food and Fun at the Park sites include:
1. Coal Street Park: Coal and North Sherman Streets.
2. Iron Triangle Playground: Corner of Hickory and Metcalf Streets.
3. Spruce Street Playground: On Spruce Street just after Blackman Street.
4. Huber Park: Stanton and Huber Streets.
5. Parsons Park: On Scott Street just after Matson Avenue.
6. Miner Park: Old River Road near Kistler Elementary School.
7. YMCA: 40 W. Northampton Street. (space is limited to the first 40 kids daily).
To learn more about Food and Fun at the Park visit the YMCA’s website: www.wbymca.org or call 570-823-2191.